7 Most Important Areas to Examine When Opening Your Relationship
When looking at opening your relationship, what I recommend to established couples is that they look a the following areas first:
- Have a solid relationship based on a common vision for the future
- Have a good sense of why each partner selfishly desires non-monogamy
- Develop strong boundaries to support the growing non-monogamous relationship from being too destabilized when partners connect with other people
- Discover the new relationship model that emerges
- Practice and evolve the relationship through baby steps, taking care to continue to create balance throughout
- Have a third party (coach/counselor/friend/therapist) to support you in the above steps
- Seek community with real life examples to be inspired by and support each other (such as the Open Relationship Community Paget and I founded in 2009 http://goo.gl/P15JPD -- message me if you try to join the group as there's a long waiting list)
Of course, I can help in all the areas above!
Contact me here.
Philippe Lewis is a Sex & Intimacy Coach, Certified Sexological Bodyworker, and Event Producer. For the last 18 years, he has been exploring relationships, intimacy, sensuality and sexuality with individuals and communities through teaching, writing, coaching and (sexy) events with the goal of growing men and women into better lovers and better humans. He is a father, a lover, a partner, a husband, a teacher, a producer, a writer, a social artist, a social engineer, a coach, a counselor, and many more. His love for life is as polyamorous as his love and sex life.